Priority Goal List for 2022
1. Contract for the completion of middle income senior housing on the Legacy Drive site.
2. Continue to pursue a Rte. 36 Access Road into the Business Park.
3. Work with interested developers to provide more business opportunities within the Business Park.
4. Cooperate with all industrial development agencies within the county to promote further growth and development.
5. Actively seek a tenant for Suite B.
6. Keep all files current and updated in the HAIDA Office.
7. Strive to reach and maintain full Board Membership.
8. When needed, develop additional parking spaces in the Business Park.
9. Continue active support of all of our tenants and businesses in the area.
10. Update HAIDA Website on an annual basis.
11. Work to develop a plan to 'put Hastings on the map' through signage design or other community coordinated projects.
Priority Goal List - 2021 Status Report
1. Continue pursuing the development of a Rt. 36 access road to the business park. (this is an ongoing issue which we continue to strongly pursue because of it's potential positive impact on our business park.)
2. Develop the 3 1/2 acres at Legacy Drive. (currently we have an interested contractor who is working with an architect to develop a design for middle income senior housing.)
3. Promote the development of more Senior Housing for mid-income seniors. (see comment in previous goal.)
4. Work with Miners Medical Center for more utilization of office space in our Professional Building. (It appears that Miners is not currently interested in more space so we will look for alternative uses for Suite B.)
5. Continue efforts to recruit new Board Members. (Three potential board members have shown interest in being nominated.
6. Continue to advocate for more business development in the Business Park. (Don Drass and Dick Stewart are planning to meet with Nathan (Dollar General) to see if he has other plans.
7. Promote cooperation with NCCDC and other industrial development groups in the county. (Ongoing)
8. When needed, develop additional parking spaces in the Business Park. (Not necessary at this time, but will address when needed.)
9. Continue active support of all of our tenants and businesses in the area. (Ongoing)
10. Update HAIDA Website on an annual basis.(Completed for 2020 - the 2021 revisions will be submitted after the annual board photo is taken in January, 2022)