Priority Goal List for 2019
1. Continue to work with Miners Medical Center to facilitate their office expansion project.
2. Support the new business(es) which plan to open in our Business Park in 2019.
3. Update our social media presence on an annual basis.
4. Oversee the development of the ‘in park’ road project.
5. Continue to advocate for a Rt. 36 access road into the Business Park.
6. Investigate property availability for purchase for additional development.
7. Support additional business development in the Business Park.
8. Continue cooperation with NCCDC and other community development entities.
9. If needed, develop additional parking spaces at the Professional Building.
10. Continue to organize and purge HAIDA files as needed.
Priority Goal List - 2018 Status Report
1. Continue pursuing a Rt. 36 access road into the business park. (This continues to be a high priority for HAIDA and many meetings have been attended by Pres. Stewart and others, but, unfortunately the outcome is still in limbo.)
2. Continue with the planning and development of the ‘in park’ road project. (We expect that this project will be completed in the summer of 2019.)
3. To increase efforts to promote HAIDA through an increased social media presence. (As a result of our social media presence, we are in the process of selling property for the erection of a new business in our Business Park.)
4. Support ‘start up’ businesses in the area. (Ongoing)
5. Attempt to fill vacancy in the professional building. (There is a strong possibility that Miners Medical Center will be expanding office space in Suite B. We will know by the end of December.)
6. Investigate property availability for purchase for future development. (Ongoing)
7. Continue to work with NCCDC to pursue further senior housing development. (We now have five cottages – all occupied.)
8. Cooperate with community entities in the region. (We again participated in the Third Annual Heritage Festival in Northern Cambria.
9. Develop additional parking spaces at the professional building when needed. (Will be addressed when needed.)
10. Continue work on the HAIDA office files. (Ongoing)